Important ZOOM updates and information
These changes will begin October 12, 2020
Thank you for your help in making your student’s distance learning experience a success.
SCUSD has made changes to our Zoom settings to increase security and student privacy, and we will continue to adjust these settings based on feedback from the community.
These changes will begin on October 12.
Please review the below steps carefully, as beginning October 12 some students will be required to sign in to Zoom meetings using their SCUSD email and passwords.
What this means for you:
- Class Zoom links will still be found in Google Classroom.
- Grades TK-3 or a Special Day Class that uses Clever Badges to log in: no changes to log in procedures.
- Grades 4-12: “Sign In With Google” when logging in to Zoom (see below):
To Sign in to Zoom Profiles
1. Sign in to Clever (www.scusd.edu/clever)
2. Click on Google Classroom
3. Click the Zoom link
4. If prompted, click “Sign In With Google”
5. Sign in with @student.scusd.edu email address
Step-by-step picture instructions & tutorial videos at
- Help! We can’t get in!
If the steps below aren’t working, follow the steps in this Troubleshooting Form to walk you through common problems. Access to instruction is our priority.
- What if I need to meet with my child’s teacher?
No problem! Your teacher can invite you to a Zoom meeting just like always.
- How is inappropriate behavior being handled?
As a district, SCUSD aims to eliminate punitive discipline and replace it with interventions that are consistent, timely, and appropriate. We provide interventions and support when inappropriate behavior first surfaces and may follow up with disciplinary action, when necessary and appropriate. Each student and parent sign the Student Acceptable Use Policy, which has been updated for distance learning. We encourage you to review it for continued guidance regarding student behavior.
If you have concerns, please talk to your child’s teacher.
For more Zoom help, please visit our Distance Learning webpage at: learn.scusd.edu/zoom where we will include up-to-date information.
Thank you for your help with these changes. Our goal is to provide quality distance learning and maintain student safety and privacy. We appreciate your patience as we grow and learn together.
For Chinese, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Hmong translation: